Thursday, March 13, 2008

332 days, 6 hours, 41 minutes, 9 seconds

See, one of the interesting things in the Oval Office – I love to bring people into the Oval Office – right around the corner from here – and say, this is where I office, but I want you to know the office is always bigger yhan the person.

I like my buddies from west Texas. I liked them when I was young, I liked them when I was middle-age, I liked them before I was president, and I like them during president, and I like them after president.

You work three jobs? Uniquely American, isn’t it? I mean, that is fantastic that you’re doing that.

I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. Corporations have been dethroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed. – Abraham Lincoln 1864. Quoted on Lincoln’s birthday.

The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself.

President Bush met with the president of China at the White House. The arrival ceremony was interrupted by a protester who started yelling, “Stop the persecution, stop the torture!” President Bush had to ask, “Which one of us are you talking to?”